Xavier is the Co-Founder and CEO of Off.Grid:Electric, a distributed renewable energy company operating in Arusha, Tanzania.
Off.Grid:Electric radically reduces the cost and risk of adopting solar energy for off-grid households worldwide, allowing them to replace kerosene with solar for as little as $2.50 per month.
Xavier is a serial social entrepreneur. Prior to setting up Off.Grid:Electric he co- founded Better World Books, a $60 Million triple bottom line online bookstore that has raised over $11 Million for literacy around the world.
- The potential pitfalls of setting up a for profit company with impact
- The critical importance of getting the business model right
- Brutal realistic about cost base
- The critical importance of getting the pilot stage right
- Why Off.Grid electric is increasing the pace of experimentation
- The importance of doing research on the ground