Ian MacMillan is the Dhirubhai Ambani Professor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship Director, Sol C. Snider Entrepreneurial Research Center at the Wharton School at Pennsylvania. He is the author of the Social Entrepreneur’s Playbook a powerful guidebook for social entrepreneurs based on thirteen years of fieldwork in social entrepreneurship.
In this interview, Ian talks about:
- The importance of pressure testing your idea
- The skills necessary to succeed as a social entrepreneur
- How to deal with obstacles to getting your social business of the ground
- The principles of discovery based business development
- Why social entrepreneurs need tough love
The sound quality in this podcast is not good. I will be doing another interview with Ian in the near future. Please let us know if there are any other topics you would like us to cover in the interview. Thanks