Sharath Jeevan is Founder and CEO of STIR Education, a social entreprise that is building a teacher-led movement in India and Uganda. to address the learning crisis in developing countries.
STIR aims to build a movement of teachers, motivated to improve their teaching quality and influence the system. The aim is to reignite the spark in teachers and empower them to become committed, skilled and influential teachers.
STIR is currently working with about 12,000 teachers in India and Uganda with an impact on 500,000 children. STIR’s ultimate goal is improve learning levels for 40 million children in developing countries.
Prior to founding STIR in early 2012, Sharath founded Teaching Leaders, an innovative UK education non-profit
- How STIR identifies, tests and scales promising school and teacher ‘micro-innovations’
- STIR’s approach to people centred change
- How STIR creates positive networks of peers to support teacher growth and development
- STIR’s striking improvements in teacher motivation and student learning outcomes
- Getting to the tipping point