Deep is an Indian social worker and NGO activist He co-founded the pioneering Indian non-profit organisation, Professional Assistance for Development Action (PRADAN), of which he was the Executive Director till 2007.
PRADAN is involved in building self-help groups, developing land and water resource, natural resource management, forest-based livelihood, horticulture and agriculture.
Deep was awarded the 2009 Magsaysay award for Community Leadership for his work for “development of rural communities.” He is also a recipient of the civilian honour of Padma Shri.
- PRADAN’s growth and success
- PRADAN’s vision to improve productivity of natural resources
- Insights from PRADAN’s pioneering apprenticeship programme
- The impact of India’s falling levels of rural life
- What it means for India to be a developed economy