Noora Health is an innovative non-profit that provides health training to help patients transition between hospital and home -one of the most precarious and rushed times in healthcare delivery. Noora provides training and information to caregivers and patients after surgery to ensure that patients are well taken of during their recovery process –to improve health outcomes and save lives.
To date, Noora has trained and certified more than 25,000 caregivers representing over 18,000 patients—and has demonstrated dramatic improvement in patient health outcomes. Outcomes recorded include a 36% decrease in 30-day complication rates and a 23% decrease in 30-day readmission rates, in the hospitals where the programme is implemented. The team recently completed Y Combinator, in the first ever batch of social ventures.
In this interview, the team talks about:
- The surprisingly powerful impact of post-hospital health support services
- How Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms
- How the team developed-and refined –the original idea for Noora Health
- Noora’s distinct –and highly successful–approach to funding their venture
- Noora Health’s aspiration for the future