Episode 2: Interview with Gustav Praekelt, founder of the Praekelt Foundation
Gustav Praekelt is founder of the Praekelt Foundation, a South African incubator for mobile technology that develops scalable mobile solutions for social good, whose programmes have reached over 50 million people across 15 countries in Africa.
In this interview, Gustav shares his experience and talks about:
- The power of mobile communications technology
- The lessons of more than 10 years grassroots social entrepreneurship in Africa
- His latest project to bring Wikipedia to African mobile phone users
- What keeps Gustav inspired when times are tough
- Lessons for other social entrepreneurs that want to follow in Gustav’s footsteps